Steering system repair
Steering is one of the most important systems of the car, its malfunction affects not only the comfort and driving characteristics of the car, but in some cases can cause an accident.
Breakdowns of the steering rack or other unit will lead, first of all, to the failure of the steering wheel, and hence the loss of control of the car.
Like any other mechanism in a car, steering can wear and break over time. Much depends on driving style and operating conditions. As a rule this happens at the most inopportune moment, so it is necessary to regularly monitor the performance of the steering system.
The right decision would be regular diagnostics, as well as timely repair of the steering system of the car. This approach will ensure not only a comfortable ride, but also the safety of all road users.
All modern cars are equipped with electric power steering or GUR hydraulic power steering systems. The repair of both systems includes two stages:
- Inspection of the steering
- Replacement of faulty components
Parts that break down the most are:
- Power steering pump. It is the first suspect in steering diagnostics as it is most susceptible to wear. Especially its seals, bearings, pressure relief valves, rotor blades and stator.
- Amplifier motor. This unit can also present a problem, especially if it has been exposed to moisture.
- Bearings, crosses and valves.
Signs of a steering problem:
- Difficulty handling the steering wheel;
- Steering wheel backlash;
- Knocking in the suspension;
- Power steering pump noise.
Starlight Automotive technicians have experience in fixing all kinds of problems with your steering system.
It is worth noting that the repair or restoration of the power steering is a rather difficult operation and requires special equipment. In addition, mechanics should have adequate qualifications for the job . You will find both at Starlight Automotive.
Starlight Automotive technicians repair the steering rack in several stages: they remove and completely disassemble the steering rack; thoroughly clean all parts; grind the shaft; change seals; install new anthers; change damaged or worn parts . During the repair, we also check the condition of the fluid in the power steering and replace it if necessary.
There is no comments for service "Steering system repair", yet. Leave a first review.